Are you always scouring for what to eat for breakfast? It’s too early to think about what to make? Well don’t worry, our community came together to bring you 14 healthy & delicious organic breakfast ideas. Perfect for people who love eating healthy, getting fit or just anyone on the go.
1. Organic Grilled & Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Recipe
Super easy to make if you have a grill or even a toaster oven. Portobello mushrooms are a great source of selenium (helps the body produce antioxidants amongst other things), potassium, and other nutrients. The stuffing, which can be modified to your preference and resources, also adds healthy benefits.
- 1-2 Organic Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 1 Teaspoon of Organic Olive Oil or Raw Coconut Butter
- 1 Teaspoon of Minced Fresh Parsley
- Organic Black Pepper (or your favorite spices)
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Lemon Juice
- Crushed Garlic Clove
- Finely Chopped Rosemary
- Diced tomatoes
- Organic Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Heat up the grill (medium), toaster oven (around 375 degrees) or non-stick skillet.
- Combine the tomatoes, cheese, oil, rosemary and garlic in a small bowl.
- Remove the dark gills (edible) from the mushroom and the stem. Discard them.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon of oil and lemon juice. Brush the mushroom inside out with it.
- Add the mushroom caps into the grill, with the stem sides down. Make sure the grill is coated with coconut butter or cooking spray. Cook each side for 5 minutes (or until soft).
- Add the tomato mixture into the mushroom caps, cook until the cheese melts.
- Feel free to improvise the ingredients or cooking process.
3. Organic Peanut Butter and Jam Pancakes Recipe
For those of you who are constantly craving something sweet and “pancake” in the morning, here’s a super delicious pancake recipe. Not only it tastes wonderful but it’s full of protein, is gluten-free and grain-free. An awesome recipe that your kids will love.
- 1 Cup of Organic Almond, Peanut or any other Nut Butter
- 4 Organic Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup of Organic Greek Yogurt
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Organic Strawberry Jam
- Organic Agave Syrup
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Mix the eggs, almond/peanut butter, greek yogurt, vanilla extract and the strawberry jam in a small bowl.
- Blend everything together using a whisk.
- Preheat a skillet to 350º F.
- When the skillet is hot, add some coconut oil to lightly cover the bottom of skillet.
- Pour batter into skillet and cook on both sides until lightly golden brown.
- If needed, add agave syrup or more strawberry jam on top
4. Organic Egg Breakfast Burrito Recipe
This breakfast burrito will fill your belly in all the good ways. It’s super easy to make and you make it in a variety of ways by simply switching up the tortilla wrap, veggies or cheese. Take it on the go to work by wrapping it up!
- Organic Tortilla
- 1-2 Beaten Organic Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Organic Parsley
- Lime Juice
- Shredded Organic Cheese
- 1/2 a Cup of Diced Turkey Sausage (cooked)
- Organic Pepper and Onions
- Add coconut oil (or any other) to pan over low heat. Add onions, pepper, and stir until the veggies are tender. Add sausage and cook for another minute. Stir in the lime juice, and add parsley. Move everything you just cooked to a plate. It’s time for the eggs.
- While frying pan is on medium heat, add your organic egg(s) into the frying pan.Stir occasionally. When the eggs are nearly done, add the vegetable mix on the plate, and add in the cheese. Allow the cheese to melt.
- Add the final mixture from the pan into a fresh organic tortilla, add salsa and wrap it burrito style. Ready to be eaten or cooled and wrapped for later.
5. Easy to Make Organic Green Smoothie Recipe
Green smoothies are the quickest and most delicious way to get you feeling great in the morning. It provides you with a nutritious solution that is easy to digest and will make you feel energized for many hours to come. Feel free to swap the ingredients around for your preference.
- 1/2 Orange
- Organic Greek Yogurt
- Water or Almond Milk
- Mix it all in a blender until it’s smooth and creamy.
^Organics.org “14 Healthy & Delicious Organic Breakfast Recipes” by Organics.